Dash lights flicker from high to low brighness

I have a 2002 Chrysler Concorde Lxi 3.5L V6. During the day, the lights on the dash will flicker to dim brightness occasionally. At
night, when this is far more annoying, the lights will occasionally flicker to high brightness. It's just a quick flicker lasting only about a second or so, they don't stay stuck at the wrong brightness.
The car is equipped with an automatic sensor somewhere that determines when to turn on the headlights and dim the dash lights.
The only electrical modification I've had done to this car was to have a remote starter installed. I want to say I've had this problem since about that time, but I can't say for absolute certain.
If anybody has a good idea what may be causing this problem, let me know.
Thanks, PaulH
PaulH wrote:

That problem is very common and is affectionately referred to on the various LH car forums as "the light show". General fix or workaround is to move the dimmer wheel to a different position. Sometimes moving the wheel back and forth over its range a few times will fix it too (cleans the wiper). Last resort: Replace the headlight/dimmer switch.

I replaced the dimmer wheel and I haven't seen the problem since. Thanks!
PaulH wrote:

You're welcome!

As Bill said possibly the headlamp switch, a common problem. But make sure the battery terminals aren't corroded and rusted up, as this will cause the same problem.
Glenn Beasley Chrysler Tech