Hitch receiver for '01 and '02 300M

(I see the hitch receiver in the online photo of an '02 model at a nearby wrecking yard.)
*Specified because at least once previously I found that mine needed the '03 part rather than the '02 part.
Perce
Reply to
Percival P. Cassidy
It now occurs to me that, having read the installation instructions for common hitch receivers, installation would have involved fishing specially-designed bolts and reinforcing plates through access holes -- and the fishing wires are no longer going to be in place.
I think that trying to reclaim a hitch receiver will be a lost cause. Moreover, who knows how rusted the nuts and bolts on the "donor" vehicle will be?
Perce
Reply to
Percival P. Cassidy