Hitch receiver for '01 and '02 300M

Should the hitch receiver from a 2001 300M fit a (very late*) 2002 300M? (I see the hitch receiver in the online photo of an '02 model at a
nearby wrecking yard.)
*Specified because at least once previously I found that mine needed the '03 part rather than the '02 part.
Perce

Correction: The photo is of an '01 model, of course.

It now occurs to me that, having read the installation instructions for common hitch receivers, installation would have involved fishing specially-designed bolts and reinforcing plates through access holes -- and the fishing wires are no longer going to be in place.
I think that trying to reclaim a hitch receiver will be a lost cause. Moreover, who knows how rusted the nuts and bolts on the "donor" vehicle will be?
Perce