Re: 1996 Neon shuts down in turns?

|Hi a buddy gave me his 1996 Plymouth Neon 2.0 SOHC to tune up and |address a problem when turning to the right, the car dies. I changed |the plugs and wire set, then went out for a lengthy test drive. The |car bucks and stalls if I push the clutch in, only in right hand |turns. At the same time I noticed the speedometer going to Zero (0 |mph) and then back up to my present speed. I suspect the Vehicle Speed |Sensor (VSS) is at fault, however is there another sensor that reads |the ring and pinion or is this it?

I'd be looking for a ground, perhaps a loose engine/tranny mount, on the right side. Rex in Fort Worth

Reply to
Rex B

Broken ground would be on either side, but most definitely sounds like broken wire(s) will be coming from the speedo. More info would help. Try letting it run at idle while wiggling every wire you can find...under the hood AND under the car...watch your fingers etc.

Reply to
Joseph Pribe