92 Caravan Brakes Click

I have a 92 Grand Caravan with ABS.

When applying the brakes to bring the van to a normal stop...say at a light there is an audible clicking sound which seems like it is coming from the brake pedal. The click seems to be related to the vehicle speed...slows down as the van slows, then disappears under about 5 mph. Under hard braking, such as in a panic stop - no click.

Just installed new rotors and pads...still clicks.

Seems like an ABS issue, but I don't know where to start to troubleshoot.

The ABS and Brake lights on the dash operate normally. I don't have a DRB so I can't check for codes.

Thanks

George

Reply to
George G

jdoe

The Chilton manual 9.93 on the Bendix system 10 (from 1991 onwards): " The operator may hear a popping or clicking sound as the pump and/or control valves cycle on and off during normal operation. The sounds are due to normal operation and are not indicative of a system problem;"

Of course, I don't know what you hear.

Reply to
c. tjallema

jdoe seems to have the answer and in fact, I think he gave me the same advice when I noticed this noise and posted my problem. The tone ring on the passenger side front axle was broken (cracked) and the larger than normal separation caused the clicking noise. I replaced the axle and it was fine.

Nick

Reply to
ncs