94 Concorde stalling problem

Hi All,

Before I get into the stalling problem.. My heater control box is constantly going out.. in fact, it probably doesn't work 90% of the time.. the result, hot air constanly blowing full blast. I pulled the fuse to stop the blower..(I live in Las Vegas, no AC with full heat is a pain.. and I'm too broke to get it fixed ATM)

Now, about the stalling problem.. the car runs very smooth while driving, but when I come to a stop one of two things happen:

  1. The car continues to idle as smooth as can be for as long as I leave it.. but if I press on the gas to creep forward at a light or something, it has a chance of stalling. Sometimes it drops down to the point of stall, and picks back up to smooth idle.
  2. The RPM's just drop too low and car stalls. No sputtering or anything.. just like shutting off the car.

I took it to a mechanic about a month ago, and he changed the spark plugs, spark plug wires, and fuel filter.. Didn't stop the stalling.

Just wondering if any of you had some ideas..?

Thanks,

Larry

Reply to
Larry

Clean the throttle body. If he didn't know that he wasn't much of a mechanic.

Could also be a manifold leak but that is more expensive.

Reply to
Art Begun

You don't have to remove the throttle bodies to clean the Idle air control valve. I would recommend cleaning it first.

Bob

Reply to
Bscuda

My car did something kindof similar ... oxygen sensors replaced and it is doing fine now.

Frans

Larry wrote:

Reply to
Frans de Wet