95 LHS

My girls car is trippin and the check engine light came on so I did diagnostic code check and the code I came up with is 12 which is the start of codes and the 54 which I dont know what it is, then 55 which is the end of the codes.. My question is What code is 54?? everytime the CEL comes on the car cuts-off!!!!!!

Reply to
Rome97neon

No camshaft signal during engine cranking.

Ken

Reply to
Ken Weitzel

Ok so what do I need todo to fix that? Change the cam sensor or is that the PCM that causes that??

Reply to
Rome97neon via CarKB.com

Ok so what do I need todo to fix that? Change the cam sensor or is that the PCM that causes that??

Reply to
Rome97neon via CarKB.com

Hi...

Ooops, not a mechanic, just told you what the code was. Hopefully the mechanics here will tell you what to do next :)

However, if you want to, I think it's safe for you to make sure the connection is good... perhaps unplug it and plug it in again a time or two. Don't remove it from the engine.

If she has the 3.5 engine you can find it real easy. Standing in front of the car, look at the thermostat housing. About 3 or

4 inches to the right of that there's a device that "sticks into" the (driver's side) cam housing.

Take care.

Ken

Reply to
Ken Weitzel