96 Neon - Switched power source for 2-way radio

I have a 1996 Dodge Neon 2.0 SOHC. I am looking for a 12v switched power source for a 2-way radio. I currently have it wired direct to the battery, but I would like to have it come on and off with the rest of the electrical in the car. The radio's technical specs say that it would pull a max of 10amps when transmitting. Any ideas on where I can tap into a switched power sourced?

Reply to
jfbialek

cigarette lighter

Reply to
u know who

I would be inclined to use a separate relay for it and tap the control terminal for the relay into an appropriate point, e.g., the existing radio.

Perce

On 04/17/05 11:35 pm snipped-for-privacy@usa.net tossed the following ingredients into the ever-growing pot of cybersoup:

Reply to
Percival P. Cassidy