Changing oilpan gasket?

'99 Dodge Caravan 3.0 litre automatic. How hard would it be to change the oil pan gasket? I am getting drips in the driveway and have been told by the quick oil change people it is likely the gasket. They said that you may have to move the tranny out of the way to drop the pan - that would not be easy to do.

Any thoughts.

thanks.

Reply to
bobjones1000

Not a hard thing to do at all, the trans does not have to be removed. Keep in mind that the pan gasket on that vehicle rarely leaks. it is glued in place. my suggestion is to have a dye test done to pin point the leak.

Glenn Beasley Chrysler Tech

Reply to
maxpower

the silcone they use to seal oil pan has a high failure rate and the oil pans rust and leak as much as fords do i do at least one a month on the average

maxpower wrote:

Reply to
philthy