Changing PT Cruiser Spark Plugs

Any suggestions or tips on removing the plenum?

Reply to
Poster formerly known as 300m

Don't drink more than one beer before you start. Be brave. Make sure you have the right size socket tools and extensions . It does come apart and go back together. There is a PT fan web site that actually posts a step by step guide, but that is not all that essential. Be sure to pick up a set of dual tipped plat plugs before you start so you don't have to do this again. Champ has an OEM approved plug for this application. Again the PT web sits list the proper part number. I got mine at NAPA. Don't know if they are recommended in the turbo's. Again, the web sits are the best source for information on this.

Richard.

Richard.

Reply to
Richard

Detailed instructions with pictures are on this site. I replaced mine with dual tip platinum plugs with these instructions -- no problem at all.

RB

Reply to
RWB

On Wed, 7 Jul 2004, it was written:

Not yet, anyway. Good thing you know how to do it -- you'll be swapping those dual-tip platinum plugs out for proper ones before you know it.

DS

Reply to
Daniel J. Stern

The procedure with pictures has been there for a long time, however you do have to subscribe now to see the detailed intructions.

The double platnium plugs work great and have done so for almost 10,000 miles. They reduced the "stumbling" which seems to be a characteristic of the non-turbo 5 speeds. So no, I won't be swapping them out for anything but another set of the same plugs for as long as I own the car!

RB

Reply to
RWB

I think hes trying to tell you that Champion has designated a different platinum plug to use with the PT, I think it has a different heat range and the electrode end is tapered/designed differently. Also, there is much discussion about using a smaller gap, which is supposed to cure the "stumbling". I had the original platinum plugs in and changed to the new ones, along with 8.5 mm wires. There are a couple of good threads about it on PTLinks.com and other forums. Good Luck; SRG

"RWB" have to subscribe now to see the detailed intructions.

Reply to
SRG

Mostly I was trying to tell him that Bosch Platinum spark plugs are just as shitty as Bosch Oxygen sensors.

Reply to
Daniel J. Stern

Is it the same bosch which makes dishwashers because they seem to be pretty good.

Reply to
Art

Bosch makes terrific dishwashers, very good power tools, excellent starters and alternators, good and bad Oxygen sensors, poor spark plugs, poor spark plug wires, and the usual mix of hits and misses that one sees from virtually all large polyvalent corporations. If you're truly judging spark plugs by the performance of a dishwasher, you are a very intellectually-challenged individual. But then, you're the same dope who's always making unsupported and unsupportable assertions based on your little slivers of marginally-applicable experience, if even that, so I shouldn't be surprised to see this latest inanity from you.

Reply to
Daniel J. Stern

I see Dan you are working hard to keep your nice guy image. What a dorf. You have no sense of humor whatsoever.

Reply to
Art

While you are on the subject, how are the Bosch washers and clothes driers?

Reply to
Alex Rodriguez

Never used 'em, don't know.

Reply to
Daniel J. Stern

Mark the time; Dan's meds have kicked in.

Reply to
doc