"Check Engine" again

I reported a week or so back that our '02 300M's "Check Engine" light was on, with codes of P0335 and P0440 (camshaft and crankshaft psosition sensor errors). This was remedied by replacing the camshaft position sensor, and I paid the $100 deductible under my 7yr/70kMile warranty.

Now the "Check Engine" light is on again, with a P0441 error code (evaporative system error).

Q1. With a series of error codes such as this, does it seem likely that the error is in the computer rather than in any specific sensor?

Q2. Can the dealer reasonably expect me to pay yet another $100 deductible to fix this new (or is it?) problem?

Perce

Reply to
Percival P. Cassidy

Check your gas cap it is usually the culprit. Coasty

Reply to
Coasty

Yes they can. You have a leak in the evaporative system which has nothing to do with the sensor they replaced unless they knocked off a hose working on the vehicle. (very unlikely) Make sure the fuel tank cap is tight before taking it back in. Depending on what service contract you have they may not cover this repair either.

Glenn Beasley Chrysler Tech

Reply to
maxpower

the stealership will want you to fork out more money then fork out some more

is was the gas gap loose?? check it then make sure it's tight then undue the battery cab;le to reset the lite and see what happens like if it comes bac > I reported a week or so back that our '02 300M's "Check Engine" light

Reply to
philthy

LOL

Reply to
maxpower

I disconnected the battery, then reconnected it after 20min. No more "check engine" indication. Thanks for the tip.

Perce

Reply to
Percival P. Cassidy

Reply to