Dodge Caravan Euro Headlights

Has anyone used the Euro Headlights on a 96 to 2000 Dodge Caravan? I am thinking of retrofitting my 2000 Caravan to these lights and putting HID bulbs in. I am hoping the Euro headlights have less glare and a more sharp beam pattern. Any thoughts?

Tim Mackinlay

Reply to
Tim Mackinlay

Sharon K. Cooke

The Euro headlights with H4 bulbs will be enough on their own.. you will,of course have to change the connectors..

-- History is only the past if we choose to do nothing about it..

Reply to
Mike Hall

They sure seem sweet - but the price... OUCH Close to $900 USD

BTW, the 96 and 00 are not the same units. The 96 lamps were truly a POS. The latest have improved a bit. I am adding Osram Xtravision halogens in hopes of cranking them up a bit more on my 03 GC AWD.

Reply to
Tom Ruta

No such thing ahs HID bulbs.

------------ Alex

Reply to
Alex Rodriguez

Technically correct but

Yup -them's HID Iwish I had $900 USD for them

Reply to
Tom Ruta

Nope, "them's" not HID. Those are very good projector headlamps with Hella modular 90mm optics. They take H7 halogen bulbs. Hella does make

90mm modular HID optics, which could be swapped into this headlamp set, but as pictured they're not HIDs.

DS

Reply to
Daniel Stern Lighting

Or this one?

Gerald Wooding

My German is too sketchy to see if they provide HID. Anyone know?

Reply to
Tom Ruta

Geeze louise, guy...READ THE THREAD! Asked and answered REPEATEDLY.

No, they are NOT HIDs!

DS

Reply to
Daniel Stern Lighting

Actually NO WHERE In this thread are the Startechs mentioned. The Vmaxx lights are HID; I was merely curious about Startech. No need to blow a breaker Danny.

Reply to
Tom Ruta

Sure they are, this past Wednesday:

Reply to
Daniel Stern Lighting

Sorry - was not on my news server. I stand corrected.

Reply to
Tom Ruta

And I retract my claws.

DS

Reply to
Daniel Stern Lighting

Thank you :) BTW< Dan has Daniel Stern LIghting ever considered becoming an importer for Vmaxx? The one off costs are ugly, but in bulk there might be a prize for all in it. I'd LOVE a set of the rear LED tail lights

Reply to
Tom Ruta

Totally not feasible. There's an importer in Canada, don't think they stock the Chrysler units but could theoretically add them to incoming stock orders.

They're not all-LED units -- just the standardized Hella modular bulb-type units with the accessory Hella LED taillamp ring around one of them. You'd be way better off with a set of the European stock-standard taillamps.

DS

Reply to
Daniel Stern Lighting

Got a name or contact info?

Reply to
Tom Ruta

Around here somewhere, I'll try to dig for it.

DS

Reply to
Daniel Stern Lighting