Drum brakes service on 2003 Dodge Stratus

I need to replace the shoes on my 2003 Stratus that I got last year. I bought a subscription to Alldata, and it recommends removing the rear hubs, as it will

*make the job a lot easier.*

Is this really necessary? I changed the shoes on my 2000 Chrysler Cirrus, and it was not bad having to work around the hub assembly. Are the hubs on the 2003 harder to work around? I have not taken it apart to look.

If I do remove the hubs, the nut holding it on, has to be torqued to 185 ft. lbs. I am guessing that I would need an extension on my torque wrench to be able to tighten it that much.

KM

Reply to
greybuck

try doing one side without removing the hub and judge the difficulty before doing the other side.

a 3/4 drive torque wrench is best in these situations.

Reply to
Rob