Grand Voyager - power locks & window

My wife has had intermittent problems with the electric window (driver's side) and now the power locks. Sometimes they work, sometimes they don't. They work fine when I'm around.

Any ideas?

Richard Heyduck

Reply to
rheyduck

My wife has had intermittent problems with the electric window (driver's side) and now the power locks on our 1998 Grand Voyager. Sometimes they work, sometimes they don't. They work fine when I'm around.

Any ideas?

Richard Heyduck

Reply to
rheyduck

Probably two separate problems. The window you can probably fix by taking apart the door (obtain a factory service manual to see how to do this, it's not hard) and taking apart the electrical connections and cleaning them, and taking out the electric motor and lubing it, and greasing the parts. It could also be the window switch.

The door locks, do they work intermittently only on the key fob and always work OK on the inside door button? If so, replace battery in key fob.

Ted

Reply to
Ted Mittelstaedt

Reply to
tim bur

We don't have the remote locking - only the inside locking. Today was the first time she noticed it not working - though it DID work again later when she tried it.

Reply to
rheyduck

Hmm, this topic has come up a few times lately on this group, are you sure your not one of the prior posters? ;-)

The advice given was to have the dealer connect a scantool and monitor the disarm switches and trigeer the locks, apparently this is a common failure point.

Here's one guy that thinks he fixed it:

Here's the advice on the disarm switches:

Note the dates on these.

Ted

Reply to
Ted Mittelstaedt