I Got the PT Back! (Timing Belt Surgery)

Well-the timing belt surgery was a success, and my local shop who did the work-got everything back into place, but they said it was a tight fitting job to do! I don't envy those two guys one bit when I look down into the engine compartment and see what they had to work with...

pe2

Reply to
pe2

The PT Cruiser does make for cramped quarters when working on the 2.4L. The Neon and Cloud Cars are probably not much better. Perhaps the vans give more room to work.

Did they change out the belt tensioner when they changed the belt? As I understand, it went from a *plunger type* to a *wind-up type* for the

2003 model year. I don't know what advantage the new one has if any, over the older one. The new one requires replacement of the belt covers.

-Kirk Matheson

Reply to
kmatheson

Yep-

replaced tensioner, water pump and tbelt-the mechanic told me there was some water leakage on the pump, not much, at 94k.

Reply to
pe2