Keyless entry programming question

I have a 2001 PT Cruiser and I have broken both of my remotes (long story). I have seen used remotes being sold on ebay. Does anyone know if you can re-program these for my car? Thanks

Reply to
VIPERS969

deadbeat

My experience says that you have to take the new one you bought on e-bay to your dealer. The nominal price for programming the best is about $75. I have a good relationship with my dealer and he did mine for free.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry

Make sure you get one that matches the one you had. Check the numbers on the back of the remote and compare those to the ones in the item description. If they don't match, it probably won't work for your vehicle.

HellT

Reply to
Hell Toupee

Reply to
mic canic

That technique requires a working remote. The poster didn't have one. In my case, it was for a first generation Intrepid, which doesn't have that capability.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry