Looking for a mid-size domestic car recommendation

How's that any different from people selling tools?

If you're too stupid to not know how to handle it then don't use it. Same goes for coffee and nitroglycerine. There is an inherent danger in things. If people wanted to they could hurt themselves with chapstick!

Reply to
Phillip Schmid

Your link didnt work (for me anyway), but I can see it now: A few years from now, every pencil sold will have a little safety warning that you have to sign and give back to the merchant saying that you understand not to stick it in your, or another person's, or an animal's eye because it can cause blindness (actually that would only happen if you poked both eyes out, but when it comes to protecting yourself from legal actions, it's OK to overstate your case - you can't be too careful). Either that, or you'd have to have training and receive certification in the operation of a pencil before you could legally buy one.

Bill Putney

Bill, that is really a stretch to go from what BT and I said to suggesting we were advocating property damage!

I wasn't insulted as much as confused as to where you created that theory from given what I'd written. I hadn't even implied causing intentional damage, I simply said that putting idle money to work can benefit the economy.

Matt

Reply to
Matt Whiting

Only if you consider Concord, NC to be on the coast. :-) And I don't think it is empty, just idle.

Matt

Reply to
Matt Whiting

Yes, you've provided a great example of airhead thinking in your example. Comparing nitroglycerine to hot coffee is pretty dumb.

My recollection is that McDonald's coffee cups have had warnings for many years about the contents being hot. And you have to assume some reasonable intelligence on the part of the public. Almost any consumer product is dangerous if used improperly. Things like ladders shouldn't need 25 warning labels for crying out loud. Then again, with people like you, maybe these warnings are needed, however, you can never had enough warnings for people who think like you.

Matt

Reply to
Matt Whiting

Coffee properly prepared will be hot enough to cause third degree burns. A knife properly sharpened will cut to the bone. A plum not chewed will lodge in your throat and choke you.

What was that old John Wayne move line ... something like, "Life is tough, but it's tougher if you are stupid." You must have a very tough life.

Matt

Reply to
Matt Whiting

I can't even bring myself to laugh at him. I actually feel sorry for him. Anyone that dependent on mom, dad and the government is really a sorry soul.

Matt

Reply to
Matt Whiting

Here's a great case. A guy gets tested for HIV and it comes back positive. Gets it verified and it comes back negatives but no one notices. He is treated for HIV for 8 years and the guy is thinking he could die any day, especially when he catches a cold. Finally the doctor notices the negative HIV results and has him checked again. Negative again. Big OOPS.

Almost forgot the one last year at Duke Hospital. They give a teenager a heart transplant but no one bothered to check the blood type. She was dead in a few days.

These things just should not happen. It is called quality control and in general, US hospitals don't get it.

Reply to
Art

Bah..... O+, AB- what's the difference?

Besides They figured it out in the end right? Give the parents $20K for their daughters life (ought to cover a nice funeral anyways) brush it under the rug and carry on. If parasitic lawyers get involved a doctor could get disciplined and protocols might have to change. Best that folks don't sue.

Remember the client's motto: My Lawyer is a Great guy, Everyone else's Lawyers are pond scum.

Reply to
Full_Name

You sure that's not remnants of 3 mile island continuing to do good work?

(Hmm it's got a glow in the dark coating AND snow doesn't stick! )

Reply to
Full_Name

I guess that "supersize me" is their life story eh? ;-)

Reply to
Full_Name

Lawyers may be a lot of things but one thing they are not is stupid. Want to know why lawyers seek out stupid people? They are a Lawyers tools of the trade.

I'll give you an example of why lawyers spend so much to find clients. My brother in-law is a criminal defense lawyer, his partner did a referral to another lawyer then forgot about the referral, 2 years later out of the blue he gets a cheque for $150,000 (bird dog fee)

If you were the lawyer would you care what the case was? Or would you just want to get as many stupid clients (class action potentials) as possible?

See? I knew that you'd understand

Reply to
Full_Name

Naaaah, I'm just hoping to lure you over to my house where I will prepare a "special" cup of coffee for you.

And please, only one period at the end of a sentence. Save the other to put in your coffee. :-)

Reply to
Bill Turner

Not too different. Have you bought a tool lately? The manual probably has more pages on safety than on operation. At least they're giving you a warning.

McDonalds could have gone that way with all kinds of warnings, cautions, etc, but instead they just decided to sell coffee at a low enough temperature that it will not injure. Clever, huh?

Reply to
Bill Turner

Let me read that again. "There is no inherent danger in things".

Wow. Lawyers all over the land are salivating, just thinking about that little beauty.

Please post a list of places you work, things you are responsible for, etc, etc, so they can get started.

Reply to
Bill Turner

You just don't get it.

  1. It's ok to hand someone a sharp object if they know it's sharp.
  2. It's ok to hand someone a dangerously hot object if they know it's dangerously hot.
  3. It's NOT OK to hand someone an object which they have no reason to suspect is dangerous when it really is. Coffee should be able to be drunk immediately when it's handed to you. IF YOU HAVE TO WAIT FOR IT TO COOL, YOU SHOULD BE TOLD. McD's didn't and that's why they lost.

Can't make it much clearer, guys.

Reply to
Bill Turner

An honest lawyer (the one who sent the fee). I'll be damned. Must be honor among thieves, right?

Reply to
Bill Turner

Now you're getting it, which proves you're even dumber than McDonalds. They got it years ago.

Reply to
Bill Turner

All right, I screwed up. I mistook "an" for "no". Duh. When I goof, I say so.

Reply to
Bill Turner

Well said!

Refinish King