Looking for a mid-size domestic car recommendation

Just a case of:

A slimeball covering his ass, incase the other didn't forget about the referral.

They have the referred client sign a release and that comes off of the top like an expense, and the client gets bled another way, if it is in fact a justifiable law suit.

Refinish King

Reply to
Refinish King

One thing that puzzles me?

Why did the lady put the cup of coffee betwixt her legs?

I know even coffee that isn't near the boiling point might hurt my family jewels, so would this lady be so to be polite: "Misguided" and put the coffee between her legs, near her snatch?

Refinish King

PS I think McDonalds saw it as a nuisance suit and disposed of it as quickly as possible?

Reply to
Refinish King

You will never get the human factor (i.e., the ability to make errors) out of a system no matter how good it is. You chose the wrong hospital (Duke) to pick on for criticism. They saved my daughter's life with exceptional care with a childhood cancer that she wasn't supposed to survive. We traveled 110 miles for her diagnosis and treatments when there were other institutions a lot closer to us that, according to some, were just as qualified.

You should have read the inexcusable horror stories on the internet support group for the same very rare disease (200 cases a year diagnosed in the U.S.) that my daughter had, posted by parents in Canada and England about their kids because of the metered care. And guess where super-rich foreign dignitaries brought their kids to be treated for very life-threatening diseases (hint - it wasn't Canada or England).

Not excusing an awful mistake that someone at Duke may have made - I'm sure they paid dearly for it, as obviously did the teenager and her family in a very different way, but there are unfortunate mistakes everywhere and in every system. I am no apologist for our system either

- it certainly has serious problems. But there are a lot worse. We need to fix it rather than make it worse.

Bill Putney

Thanks for trivializing a tragedy. And what do you do for a living?

Bill Putney

Coffee should be able to be drunk immediately when they hand it to you?

OK - I finally get it - you're a troll - and I'm not one to pull out the troll card at the drop of a hat - probably done it 3 times in 5 years of surfing. I'm a little slow sometimes.

Bill Putney

At the moment I'm working for an insurance company cleaning up files that are years out of compliance and horribly messed up. But I am going back to school to finish up my post grad work.

So I do have a bit of experience handling medical incompetence & dealing with lawyers.

With regards to "trivializing"... It's called Satire

sat·ire n. A literary work in which human vice or folly is attacked through irony, derision, or wit. The branch of literature constituting such works. See Synonyms at caricature. Irony, sarcasm, or caustic wit used to attack or expose folly, vice, or stupidity.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------- [Latin satira, probably alteration (influenced by Greek satur, satyr, and saturos, burlesque of a mythical episode), of (lanx) satura, fruit (plate) mixture, from feminine of satur, sated, well-fitted. See s- in Indo-European Roots.]

PS I've had personal experiance with both good MD's & Bad. Lawsuits don't scare good MD's.

Reply to
Full_Name

In some states, such a referral fee is illegal. If you don't do work you don't get paid.

Reply to
Art

Probably had a car without a cup holder. You youngsters don't remember, but they used to make 'em that way.

And with that, having accomplished nothing, I'm quitting this thread.

I'll try to come visit y'all in the hospital as often as I can.

Reply to
Bill Turner

Concord is near Charlotte. They also built a box near Wilmington and it is empty.

Art

He was making a point. One that a bunch of you don't seem to understand. Bush hates lawyers but he hired a bunch when being interviewed over the CIA outing by Novak.

Reply to
Art

Domestic car companies used to deliver cars with scores of defects. They claimed that was the best they could do until faced with Japanese competition. Now they count defects per hundred cars. The medical industry is where the domestic car industry was decades ago. I'm glad to hear that Duke successfully treated your daughter but patients should not be relying on serendipity while in a hospital. Duke and government regulators found terrible flaws in their system after the transplant error. That might not seem too bad but just a few years prior, other problems were found at Duke that were so bad that they were removed from the list to run certain medical studies... an extreme sanction used because Duke failed to respond to several warnings about their processes. Duke promised to clean up their act then but apparently did not. We will never know what Duke paid in damages for the transplant error because it was kept confidential. Most of these messes are no longer public knowledge because Duke, like many hospitals, sneak in a binding arbitration clause with all the other papers you sign at admission. That way the cases never get to court and don't face much public scrutiny.

Reply to
Art

Yes, you've made it quite clear that you can't think for yourself and depend on others to look out for you.

Matt

Reply to
Matt Whiting

That's OK, don't bother, you might slip and fall on the way in and sue the hospital. My medical care costs enough already. Please just stay home with your remote control and don't do anything where you might hurt yourself.

Matt

Reply to
Matt Whiting

Wrong again. The Wilmington plant is running very well.

Matt

Reply to
Matt Whiting

Lawsuits like that are so frivolous....I really hope that someone does something to end them.

It's no one's fault but your own if you eat until you get sick and find yourself overweight.

Reply to
alfee

Good LORD Matt !

Just What are you encouraging?

Bill will get repetitive strain injury in his thumb from the remote, TV news induced Post Traumatic Stress Disorder, onset of obesity and a propensity for diabetes from the food the TV commercials are "forcing" him to consume, back strain from trying to get off his ass to go to the refrigerator, etc, etc, etc.....

Quick, someone call that man a Lawyer !

Reply to
Full_Name

LOL!

What about the heart attack he gets when he try's dialing the lawyer?

The problem with society today is, every wants to blame everyone else!

I've had cars without cup holders, and I've never put cups of hot coffee between my legs! My nuts were as important to me then, as they are to me now!

Refinish King

Reply to
Refinish King

OK, Bill you're a Lawyer! Actually, I hadn't thought of that before, but I'll bet he IS a lawyer. That would explain is POV.

Matt

Reply to
Matt Whiting

Yes you are correct. The plants were closed but are now open.

My news was old news.

Reply to
Art

No - they just loudly complain about the malpractice insurance premiums. So you're telling me that a good physician is not concerned about being sued for something that is not his/her fault when real world says they should be? You're FOS.

Bill Putney