LOTS OF STATIC FROM INTREPID

Hi guys, it's a '96 3.5 Intrepid and on exiting the car the amount of static is unreal, I have two 'new' ground straps fitted and you can still see and feel a 2 inch static jump as I ground out on the door. Any ideas please. TIA. Pauly.

Reply to
Limey

It's not the car's fault, and no amount of extra ground paths will change it. I think you're exaggerating by approximately 1.8 inches when you claim a "2 inch static jump". Buy some anti-static spray and apply it to your car's seats and carpets -- and to your clothes, if necessary.

DS

Reply to
Daniel J. Stern

Mix some Downy fabric softener with water 2 parts water one part Downey. Use a spray bottle to mist the seats and carpet (test for color fast in an inconspicuous area first). Works like a charm though you do have to repeat every few months.

Steve B.

Reply to
Steve B.

Thanks for the tips , I will definately try it. Oh and I kid you not Daniel, it is definately a couple of inches, and is plainly visible when it's dusk or darker or in my garage. I even did some research into pyrolisis as I have pyrocarbon joints in my left hand, in case they were more conductive than good old bone and skin. I'll get some anti static spray tonight. Thanks again . Pauly.

Reply to
Limey

Have the tires been replaced? Somehow I remember reading some where that some tires cause more car static than others but it could be an urban legion.

Reply to
Art

Neat! An urban legion of static-causing tires!

Sorry, had to...

Reply to
Scott Ehardt