need help with 94 LHS transmission computer

HI,

I recently went to my dealer to have my tranny computer flashed in hopes of eliminating tranny shudder under slight accelleration. (Seems to be the consensus of what many on the internet report they have done.) When I brought my car to the dealer, he returned it and said it was not flashable.

Wanting to know more, I pulled the computer and found these numbers on it.

07910 4759066 066813581114

Does anyone know if this cpu is flashable?

If not, does anyone know what to replace it with that is?

tia

random

Reply to
Random Electron

He's right. The first flashable TCMs didn't appear until 1995. Get a TCM

*with a finned case* out of a 3.5-litre LH car made after 1995, install it and then take that to the dealer to make sure it's flashed with the latest firmware.
Reply to
Daniel J. Stern

"Daniel J. Stern" wrote in news:Pine.GSO.4.60.0409042204320.26503@ns7:

Thanks. I'll get one off the net.

Regards Random

Reply to
Random Electron

Reply to
mic canic

thanks. I'll check a few more dealers.

mic canic wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@cac.net:

yes the tcm is flashable but takes some old equipment that some

Reply to
Random Electron