Need New Tires

What type of tires should I get for my 1996 Maxima GLE? What are people's opinions about the Goodyear Eagle vs. Dunlop?

Reply to
KC

What type of tires should I get for my 1996 Maxima GLE? What are people's opinions about the Goodyear Eagle vs. Dunlop?

Reply to
Boots Crofoot

Just my opinion...I put a set of Continental ContiExtremeContact on my 2001 GLE. Go to Tirerack.com and look up these tires. You will see that they are rated higher in almost every catagory versus tires costing twice the price...including Bridgestones, Michelins,Pirellis, Eagles, etc... I figured since they are original equipment on Mercedes and BMW, they can't be all that bad. I have put 10k miles on them so far, and are quite pleased. They are quiet, and grip like glue especially in the rain. They are predictable in corners, and the ride is smooth. They are far superior to the Toyos that were on the car from the factory. The Toyos were noisy and worn out at 20k miles. I have had Eagles on previous autos, they wore out really fast. The Dunlops (I think they were A2) were really noisy...to the point that I got rid of them well before they wore out. I got mine from Discount Tire here in town; I did not want to mess with getting them in the mail and messing with getting them mounted.

Reply to
Sam

Reply to
Randall Phair