Odometer cluster not working + constant horn output on 300m?

Just last night my 2001 300m started going bonkers - the horn is constantly engaged and the odometer cluster isn?t functioning. I pulled the fuse to the horn and while the car still starts, and all other functions seem to work, the odometer still isn?t working and if I put the horn fuse back in, it still is constantly engaged.

Anyone have any suggestions as to what to look for?

Reply to
Milamber

Have you checked the horn relay?

Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: >

Bruce Yelen

> Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse:> >

tim bur

There may be a driver IC leaky or shorted on the output from the body control module (horn relay output circuit). Also check for power sources to the BCM, and J1850 bus communication problems.

> > Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse:>> >

Bill