Stuck horn!

I am sorry if this seems a bit long but I find it very bizarre & hope you guys can help... A neighbor impressed with my 06 Sonata went & picked up on 07! A day after he got it is when we realized the horn was not working. So he took it back to the dealer who gave him a loaner car & fixed it over a period of 3 days! God only knows what took so long! A week later when he is about to step out of the car in a mall parking lot the horn starts blaring. It is not the alarm style beep but a continuous long one. He was not sure what to do & a crowd gathers & someone banged on the horn switch & it stopped. A few days later in the morning around 7 ish he is pulling out of the parking lot at our appartment complex & had just started the car & engaged reverse when it starts again. This time he had to pop the hood & remove the fuse before it stopped. Then 2 days later in the middle of the night the horn starts blaring again. This time according to some other neighbors it started around

3am & he heard it only around 6:30 when he went & removed the fuse. The dealer has reluctantly taken the car in to check it again. Has this happened to any of you or any clues as to why this may be happening?
Reply to
Vineeth

The horn wire under the horn pad is probably pinched against the metal of the steering wheel assembly.

Reply to
hyundaitech

The dealer "reluctantly" took the car back in? Is this your version of what's happening or is the dealer truly reluctant to perform warranty work on a previous repair? The latter strikes me as a little hard to believe. Either way, it's clearly a dealer repair issue. There could be any number of things wrong with the earlier work they performed and only a look at the car can determine what's wrong.

Reply to
Mike Marlow

The clue seems to be right there.....as H-T says. If the first instance was stopped by a bang on the horn pad, it seems the trouble is there, not under the hood or with some relay.

Reply to
Darby OGill

Thanks for the response hyundaitech... We just got a message from the service department saying they have identified the problem & that they will call us tomorrow to keep us updated!? Once they let us know I will be sure to post it here.

Reply to
Vineeth

The guys have still not finished whatever their work is despite having identified the problem... The dealer was reluctant saying there is no problem at first, then my friend invited them to come & stay at his place for a few days till the next time it happens. the las time it occured the security guards of the community had called the towing guys to come tow the car away & he woke up just in time to save $150/ ...

Reply to
Vineeth

Ok finally got the car yesterday evening. The explanation they gave sems to gel with your explanation hyundaitech! We are just keeping our fingers crossed hopping it is not repeated...

Reply to
Vineeth