Oil Leaking on a 94 plymouth voyager

Hi, everyone i have a 3.0L voyager with about 155,000km on the engine and i have some kind of engine oil leak. Can someone point out the locations where i should look. The whole underside of the front end is covered up in engine oil. i think its coming from the back of the engine. Any ideas, plus i have lots of smoking coming out at the back too.. thxs.. Mike

Reply to
mike113

Mike I had just posted this earlier in this group....... All you need to do is having perform an oil leak dye test on this vehicle to determine all the oil leaks at one time. It is a sure fire way of locating them. Oil leaks are common from the valve cover gaskets, camshaft seals and plugs and the head gaskets. Not to say the valve guide dropping and causing the engine to smoke bad at idle. If you have smoke from idle and plan on keeping this vehicle you may as well have the heads removed and repaired. My opinion

Glenn Beasley Chrysler Tech

Reply to
maxpower

Hmmmm the 3.0 Mitsubishi engine.... Lemme think....

I used to have a 94 Acclaim with that engine. Basically it leaked oil like a sieve! Then it started running rough and I discovered it had a distributor instead of a coil pack, then the A604 tranny started to act up......

Sorry, after my experience with that crazy 3.0 engine, I vowed I will never own one again. IMHO the design is inferior. For what it is, it requires toooooo much maintenance. I now have the 94 Grand Caravan with the 3.3 engine - and that puppy is solid as a rock. It has never run rough, it has NEVER let me down. If you ever switch vans, the 3.3 or the 3.8 are the way to go.

With my 3.0, it was puk>Hi, everyone i have a 3.0L voyager with about 155,000km on the engine and i

Reply to
NewMan

What is the speed the oil leaks out at?

If your going through a quart every 1000 miles, well then you can put a whole lot of quarts of oil in there before you get near the cost of a simple repair.

Ted

Reply to
Ted Mittelstaedt