outside rear view mirror tilting down in reverse

I bought a new 2005 Durango Limited recently. I just learned it's equipped with mirrors that tilt down when you shift in reverse. That would be very useful to me.

The default factory setting is 'off'. The owner's manual says that my 'qualified Dodge service technician' can change that. Do I really have to take it in? Or is this a setting I can change myself somehow?

If it requires plugging in to the computer, obviously I have to take it to Dodge. But that's time I don't want to waste if I can do this myself in 2 minutes.

Same question applies to the Easy Entry Easy Exit setting.

Thanks in advance.

Reply to
Chris Cowles

philthy