Parts diagram not correct for older Chrysler vehicle

I went to my local Chrysler/Dodge dealer to get a PCV hose for my 2000 Cirrus with a 2.4. After giving the parts guy the Year, Make, and Model, he told me that I would need to provide the VIN for the car.

I got the VIN, and he brought up the diagram for the PCV and related parts. The diagram that he showed is for the later 2.4 setup. I am guessing that it's for

2001-06, since I also have a 2003.

The 2000, uses a hose for the PCV, and another one to connect the valve cover to a box that comes off the air filter case. I need both hoses.

I didn't order anything, because it does not look like the correct part. Is it possible that Chrysler's parts files are wrong for this vehicle? Anyway to identify the right part?

Thanks,

KM

Reply to
greybuck

If the PCV hoses are just rubber hose and don't have sharp bends that would require a molded hose made specicially for it, then take the hoses off and go to an auto parts store where they can measure the ID and cut pieces off a bulk roll for you, or you can buy a length of it in a box that you can cut to length. Just make sure you buy hose that is made to be used for crankcase ventilation. They make it - here is an example:

|GRP2024_____

Reply to
SRN

Thanks for the reply. The hose in question does have 90=B0 bend as it goes = into the valve cover. I could probably use stock hose for the line that att= aches to the PCV valve. I guess I need to keep looking for an old parts man= ual.

KM

Reply to
greybuck