PT Cruiser

Some time ago, I read that Chrysler was going to stop building PT Cruisers and replace the line with another vehicle ,the Caliber, I think. I felt bad about that because I had wanted a new one but had to wait unitl my present vehicle was paid off. Anyway, I now see dealers advertising 07 PT Cruisers. Are they merely re-titled older PT Cruisers or does Chrysler still build PT Cruisers. I guess I could look at one at a dealer and look for the build date, but I thought someone at this group might be able to answer this question. If I do go to the dealer, where would I find out when the build date was? Is it on the price sticker somewhere or will I have to somehow decode the VIN? Thanks, SF

Reply to
sf/gf

They still make them. According to ptcruiserclug.org the following items are new for 2007:

  • Three new colors: Pastel Yellow Clear Coat, Tangerine Pearl Coat and Opal Pearl Coat
  • Soft-touch electric liftgate switch?standard on Base model
  • New YES Essentials® seat fabric?optional on Touring, standard on Limited
  • Remote keyless entry standard on Base model. Integrated into key?includes panic alarm
  • Console flood lamp standard on all models
  • ?Boston Premium Audio? badge added to center stack bezel with Boston Acoustics Audio Group
Reply to
Steve B.

The Caliber replaced the Neon, not the PT Cruiser. The PT is still being built.

There are many web pages that can help you decode a VIN. For example:

Jalapeno

They are still available in Canada. The dealer near me didn't have any last fall, but they have returned. Probably due to popular demand. IMO it's not likely someone liking the PT Cruiser would like the so different looking Caliper. I don't like the styling of either car.

However looking at the 2.4L engine specs. it appears to be last years technology, not the recent VVT world engine.

Reply to
who

you can try VINchecker at:

glenior

This feature is *NOT* included in the base model.

Reply to
Hertz_Donut