PT Cruiser key question

Wish I could tell ya, but I don't know. Maybe they thought it would have a negative impact on security of the system.

Reply to
bllsht

I'm not talking about the remote, I'm talking about the Sentry security key. Which has no replaceable parts whatsoever.

Reply to
Steve

Smaller- but still stupidly big. I HATE modern car keys with big fat heads holding transponders or remotes. A simple brass key is SO much more convenient and so much easier to carry on a keyring.

Reply to
Steve

I started the thread. So we are all on the same page....

Here is a link to an auction for a key without the transponder that is used in my 2006 PT Cruiser

Steve Stone

I'll tell ya what. I'll take the stupidly big key. I offers theft protection plus a discount in my auto insurance premiums.

Can you say that for the simple brass key??

Reply to
Pete E. Kruzer

I started the thread. So we are all on the same page....

Here is a link to an auction for a key without the transponder and remote that is used in my 2006 PT Cruiser

Steve Stone

Given the actual size of an RFID tag, there's no need for such a ginormous head on a transponder key.

Reply to
Joe Pfeiffer

Doesn't make squat of a difference on my insurance, and auto theft is just not an issue around here. Especially not our PT cruiser. Gimme a key that fits in my pocket.

Besides, there's NO reason that a transponder/security key HAS to be as big as a hockey puck. It could be much smaller, as is the case with the keyless ignition transponders that fit in a wallet.

Reply to
Steve

This was what I bought. I don't think it is all that big.

Ashton Crusher

That's why you will feel your gonads tingle every once in a while for no apparent reason.

Reply to
Bill Putney

That's done using homotrons.

Reply to
Bill Putney

Its smaller than the dumb things with the integrated remote keypad, but compared to THIS:

's1.jpg its enormous. And yes, yours is exactly the same as my wife's PT key.

Reply to
Steve