Re: 95 concorde wont start 3.5

I would check error codes first. Turn an ignition key three times: on-off-on-off-on (just ignition, not starter). Then look at "Check engine" light. It will flash like two flashes, pause, three flashes, long pause - code 23, etc. Find out what is it on internet. It could be one of sensors.

Another thing to consider - a broken teeth on the timing belt: a crankshaft rotates, but cams - not. By the way, it will give you "Bad cam position sensor" code. Make sense to check if your timing belt is ok before changing the sensor.

And, (silly, hah?) check if all your vacuum hoses are in place under hood. (Happened with me once...)

Good luck, Alex

Engine rotates fine. > Was running fine. > Can hear normal fuel pump noise.
Reply to
Alex

A stripped or broken timing belt does not always set a cam position sensor error code, but checking the cam timing is the first thing that should be done for a no start on a 3.5.

Reply to
Neil Nelson

Reply to
mic canic