Rear Door Panel Removal - 2000 Concorde LXi

Manual states: "Using a trim tool, disengage the retainer clips from the door trim panel to the door panel." I don't know which tool to use or how to use it (wedge it in, tip to pop the clip up, push it, hook something inside and pull it?)

I have a tool that looks like the 3rd one pictured in the link given below; "door upholstery remover". Two frames above that is a picture of 5 tools in a panel removal kit that are much latter.

Which of these tools do I need? Can someone give me some guidance on what to expect in removing the panel (how to use the tool).

Reply to
jaygreg

Yes - that's the one. Called a trim popper. Also, any local auto parts store will have that tool or the equivalent by a different manufacturer

- that's a generic tool.

Bill Putney

Thanks, Bill. Then I assume I just slide the tool between the door frame and upholsered door panel at the point of the clip (with the stem of the clip centered between the progs of the tool) and pry it straight up by applying pressure straight down on the tool handle. Correct?

jaygreg