Remote Keyless Entry Fob batter replacement question

How does one go about getting the new battery into these things? I got the door open, and the old battery out, but for the life of me I can't get the new battery back in. It almost seems like the opening is too small. H E L P P L E A S E !!!!!

Reply to
QX

Subject line should read BATTERY

Reply to
QX

No, you moron.

The subject line should tell us what year and what car you have so that we know what god-damn fob you are talking about.

Reply to
MoPar Man

The fob is from an '08 Caravan.

Popped the old battery out by prying with a mini screwdriver and pulling with micro needle nose pliers.

The new battery won't go all the way back into the opening. It is lying at an angle. No amount of reasonable pressure will get it to slide into the opening. The owner's manual just says to remove and replace. It does not want to go back into the opening and lay flat like it should. I am hesitant to force it in, as I don't want to break the connectors or PCB and end up buying a new one. $$$.

Reply to
QX

Is it the same size battery? Does the old battery go back in?

Reply to
General Schvantzkoph

Correct battery, same as the original. Same problem with trying to replace the old battery. I am thinking that there is a trick to getting it to seat properly. Perhaps twisting it some way, or something.

Reply to
QX

Ask a dealer?

DAS

To reply directly replace 'nospam' with 'schmetterling'

Reply to
DAS

Get a magnifying glass and see if there is a raised finger that the new battery is getting caught on. Are you sure you are trying to put the battery in right side up, whichever way that is? IOW, did you pay attention to which way the "button" on the old battery was aimed before you took it out?

Reply to
Ashton Crusher