sebring door handle on 2001 Sebring

Chrysler 2001 Sebring. I took a car in for repair of a broken inside door handle (handle intact, something broken inside the door itself). The dealer told me I would have to replace the entire inner door panel. For a nice round total of over $900. That seems on the expensive side. The handle is still there and "springy". I could have sworn I heard a "ting" sort of sound when it broke initially. I think the repair is beyond me. I bought a special tool for popping out the door panel divets/clips/whatever but the first one I tried broke right in half and I gave up there, not wanting to cause further damage. Anyone else here have experience with this?

Reply to
grossnetpay

I forgot to mention that this is a 4 door sedan

Reply to
grossnetpay

That doesn't sound right to me. Usually, the interior release handle is separate from the interior door panel. On my 2000 Cirrus, the panel is remove before the mechanism can be serviced.

-KM

Reply to
kmath50