Shocks and Strust 2002 300m

I have a 2001 300m with 128K. Has anyone replaced shocks and struts on one of these cars and noticed much change in handling. I am thinking that it might me a good idea to intall new ones next spring. What do you think?

Reply to
Tommo

This has been discussed ad infinitum here:

I replaced my front struts at about that same mileage on my Concorde (same car mechanically), and I couldn't tell any difference with the new ones - and my car gets beat pretty good on a gravel road on my way to work every day. So, unless you have some good indication that they really need relplacing, you might just save your money (for when they're really needed, if ever).

Basically, your choices are three flavors of strut in OEM (different handling packages - the ones for the 300M Special would be the stiffest/roughest riding), or, in aftermarket, KYB - one flavor only. I put KYB in my Concorde. Haven't read anything bad about them on the various LH forums, but you do have a choice on stiffness with the OEMs, which a lot of people also do choose to go with.

Bill Putney