Spark Plug Replacement

Okay, how do I get the rubber boots out to replace teh spark plugs on my '03 Dodge Neon? I suspect the same issue exists with the PT Cruiser, right?

Reply to
Bob Snyder

Careful turn them first. If you pull they will break!

Richard.

Reply to
Richard

Put some silicone on the inside of the new wire boots, they'll come off easier & it'll also help seal moisture out.

Reply to
Tom & Debbie Heintz

Rudy Allemann: I had a '92 Caravan and the method I used to remove the rear wires was to make a double loop of twine around the wire and drop it down till it was near the plug. Then pull up gently such that it binds on the wire and then pull till the wire/boot comes off the plug. I need this method on only two plugs. Putting the boots back on the new plug was not difficult.

Reply to
Rudy Allemann