stutering problem on my PT any help would be nice

hello my pt is a 01 with 96000 miles on it. under a load is seams to sputter allmost like something is wrong with fuel? but i dont feel it at high rpms. if i am sitting still i can turn on the ac and it will suttter again with a load on it . pluge were replaced at 30000 with champion double platinum so i know i am good their . i have checked all plug wires and their is no wear anywheir on them. of course their is no coil wire sence that is direct. 1 thing it could be is that around town everyon is running out of gas and getting new in good time . do any of you think i might have picked any water or trash up from the bottom of the tanks? thanks for any help . SKU

Reply to
Sean Ulmer& Heather Ulmer

If you haven't changed wires yet.. do it.. Get rid of the double platinums and put some real plugs in it like the owners manual recommends... my Voyager 2.4 calls for plugs @ 30,000 miles.. Don't buy cheap wires.. set of Mopars will run you about $70 they *are* worth it.

Reply to
me!

At 96000 miles you need plugs and wires again. You can't "see" the resistance building up in old wires, them may look fine, but that doesn't mean anything. At that mileage I wouldn't even bother testing them, just replace them. If you still have a problem, the coil pack might be bad.

A can of STP gas treatment couldn't hurt, especially if you got some watery gas.. Good luck; SRG

Reply to
SRG

""Get rid of the double platinums and put some real plugs in it like the owners manual recommends..."

The Champion dual platinum plugs are from the OEM source and are OEM approved. They are a superior plug and should provide at least 70,000 miles of good service. I agree that at 30,000 miles the OEM plug wires should have been replaced with a good replacement set. I mailed a set from the MOPAR performance group and they were superior to the OEM wires and cost less than $70.00, if I remember correctly. At 70,000 miles my 01 is still running strong.

Richard.

Reply to
Richard

My price is probably a worst case for the wires.. I don't shop around I have a place I trade regularly... they aren't cheap however I have never had to return anything to them because it was faulty in over 20 years.. They pretty much specialize in OEM parts and have access to Chrylser's network and can see where in the area a part is (dealers) and if it is available.. so.. I trade there. I suspect you could get them at least $20 cheaper if you chased around.. too old, too fat, too tired to chase any more.

I bought a set of the "double platinum" from Bosch once because the sign said if I couldn't tell the difference they would take them back.....4 cylinder.. easy job... OK.. I took the challenge.. I couldn't see any improvement and the car didn't start as quickly.. needless to say they went back.. I didn't know about the OEM installed doubles.. Thanks for the update.

Anyway.. I believe Chrysler calls for changing wires @ 50,000 miles... ignition systems are very "hot" nowadays and it is easy to understand how these things break down in short order.

Reply to
me!

I bought a set of the "double platinum" from Bosch once because the sign said if I couldn't tell the difference they would take them back.....4 cylinder.. easy job... OK.. I took the challenge.. I couldn't see any improvement and the car didn't start as quickly.. needless to say they went back.. I didn't know about the OEM installed doubles.. Thanks for the

Bosch does not make a double platinum plug! What you picked up was a scam product sold by Bosch in the States. A single platinum plug with two instead of one contact points made of conventional material. They also sell a scam 4 point version of this single tipped platinum plug.

Richard.

Reply to
Richard