Tires for T&C AWD?

Would it be appropriate and worthwhile to ask about tire choices here? You guys seem to be pretty knowledgeable...

Lisa

Reply to
Lisa Horton

The Goodyear Aquatread 3's and the Michelin Hydrodege are the best of the breed in quality all-season tires.

Richard.

Reply to
Richard

Reply to
jdoe

Reply to
mic canic

Thanks for the suggestions. I've been looking at the Bridgestone Taurenza (sp?) which sounds like a good choice. Comments comparing this tire to the Hydroedge, which also sounds very good?

Fortunately, I did RTFM and know to replace them as a set because of the AWD :)

Lisa

Reply to
Lisa Horton

User comments posted on the Tire Rack web site (a good place to look) suggest that the Hydroedge, a brand new product, seems to do it all. The Taurenza is a very decent tire but the 950 version from Bridgestone is a better all around tire, but not likely available in the size you need. Same with the superb Continental Extreme. I have about 1,000 miles on the Hydroedge on my 2004 Limited mini-van and can confirm that they appear to do it all. I have recently pulled them to put on my 4 show tires but they did well in the snow we got early last month.

Richard.

Reply to
Richard

If you haven't yet purchased the tires check out the Firestone Affinity LH30. I had a set put on my '96 T&C LXi on 9-20. Four months and almost 8,000 miles later they show no wear except for the normal outside edge of the fronts. They are M+S rated but, of course, being from Southern California I have no way of knowing how they will work in snow. I am very impressed with these tires.

R. Phillips

Reply to
RPhillips47