what's the sign of replacing timing belt?

As titled. The 98 T&C I have is close to 100,000mi. What should I watch or pay special attention to when this van is close to that mileage?

Reply to
harry

There was no indication of what engine your T&C has. If it has the 3.3 or 3.8, you have a chain rather than a belt. I don't believe that a change interval is specified for the chain. It will usually last to

150,000 mi or more.

-Kirk Matheson

Reply to
kmatheson

What motor is in your minivan? It is quite possible your motor uses a timing chain, not a belt. They usually don't require periodic changing, like a belt does.

Reply to
Alex Rodriguez