K: Forsæde(r) til ZX 1996 3D

Hej gruppe,

er der nogen der kan hjælpe mig med hvor jeg kan få fat i et brugt førersæde til min ZX. Jeg har holdt øjemed den blå avis i et stykke tid, og jeg har kontaktet diverse autophuggere via deres internetside, men uden resultat.

At give omkring kr. 11.000,00 for et nyt sæde er helt udelukket.

Kunne man evt. købe et brugt sportssæde og sætte i?

Ideer og kommentarer efterlyses.

Mange hilsner

Ole, Vanløse

Reply to
Ole Riis

Ehh what does this mean in normal English?

"Ole Riis" schreef in bericht news:40f0dca0$0$203$ snipped-for-privacy@dread11.news.tele.dk...

Reply to
VTR16V

Hahaha.. good translation there, 2Rowdy. Let me decipher your translation into plain text:

"Could anybody help me find a used...

"..driver's seat for my XZ. I've checked out the Blue Magazine (wtf?) for..."

"..a while, and I've contacted several autophuggers (wtf??) through their...."

"...website, but without results."

"Paying around 1480 euros for a new seat is out of the question."

"Could I perhaps buy a used sport seat and put it in?"

"Ideas and comments wanted."

"Greetings."

"Weird red-bearded and beer-bellied Danish who doesn't understand that the internet - and especially usenet newsgroups - extend beyond Danish soil"

Reply to
mch42

Sorry, I was too quick. I didn't notice that this was a english speaking newsgroup. But i can se that somebody got somethin finny out of translating my danish.

Kind regards

Ole

"Ole Riis" skrev i en meddelelse news:40f0dca0$0$203$ snipped-for-privacy@dread11.news.tele.dk...

Reply to
Ole Riis

No need to apologize, from the general information on this ng: "Postings on this forum can be done in any language."

JM

Reply to
JM

lizard haute in die Tasten:

Well, now that I know what he wants, I can tell the original poster to look after an used Recaro seat console for the ZX to mount a recaro seat in his car. I can also tell him that it may be a good idea to browse through the german sites of

and
after a replacement seat. Otherwise my danish language abilties are limited to about four words, three of them describe things to eat;-)

In my understanding, every newsgroup without a country code TLD in its name is very likely to use english as a common language. For instance, german newsgroups usually start with de.

Frank

Reply to
Frank Kemper

Certainly it's not an English-only newsgroup, but I reckon that a full 100% of the group's followers understand English (we're not _that_ linguistically challenged out here in the backwaters of civilization), while only a mere

1-5% have a faint possibility of understanding Danish. Now, if you post a question to a group, and the question isn't exclusively specific to your homeland, it does indeed make sense to use the one language that is most likely to be understood by the majority of the readers. Posting in a language understood by a diminutive minority, on the other hand, greatly reduces the possibility of getting any response at all, and, in effect, increases the "noise level" of the group for the unfortunate 95% who failed to pick up elementary Scandinavian skills (shame on you guys :)

Clearly, Ole's question was not of local concern - ZX's do have seats all around Europe - so I thought I'd help out by translating it. Sorry if the remarks about red beards and beer were out of line :)

Reply to
mch42

Yes that is true, but it would be better for yourself to use English, so more people can understand you question and might be able to help you.

Reply to
VTR16V

Ok guys :) I wasn't trying to be a smart-ass or would-be moderator...

JM

Reply to
JM

"mch42" wrote in news:40f513c9$0$10336$ snipped-for-privacy@news.nbl.fi:

General consensus is that in all the newsgroups in the big-4 (alt. comp. rec. sci.) the common language is english. You may expect everyone to read these groups to understand English and you will reach the largest group of readers using the English language. Besides that, allmost all countries with a somewhat substantial internet community have local groups in their local language (dk. for Denmark)

Maarten

Reply to
Maarten Deen