Need window regulator for Xantia

I require a drivers door window regulator assembly for a 2000/W Xantia SX HDI 110 Estate (the Mark 2 model with 9 pin connector). The original one
has PA66 in the plastic moulding behind the motor.
Any suggestions for a source? The motor itself seem to be OK, but the cable is & clips are broken. I checked and a new one is stupid money (about £180!).
Does anyone re-build or fix them? Anyone you know breaking a MK 2 Xantia?
Regards,
Tony Howard Tel: 07973 269327
Add pictures here
‚úĖ
snip

I have managed to rebuild these in the past for an Audi 80 and Volvo 850 ... but I did have access to a complete machine shop for remanufacture of cable nipples (stop laughing at the back please ...) and stops etc. They're generally not designed to be serviced and so requrie careful 'opening' for fixing ... I used a yacht chandlers for new 'bowden' cable and a decent quality brass for the nipples (you at the back ... see me after!) - if the old cable isn't too mangled you should be able to use it as a pattern to make a 'new' one and "just" re-assemble the whole thing with new rivets etc
actually, life's too short for all that ... try a breakers like these or these
bonne chance
Dr D
(PS - so is that the correct way to reply on a news group??????????)
Add pictures here
‚úĖ
Message i.d.:< inspired me, [snip]

Looks good but some remarks. You have posted in HTML. Many people don't like that. You can change your settings to reply as plain text.
There is a small tool to help you post better using MSOE. That tool can be found here: http://home.in.tum.de/~jain/software/oe-quotefix /
--
d:Johan; Certifiable me
http://www.aacity.net Citroen Newsgroup

thanks for this ...
I went for HTML to make the hyperlinks work ... what is the preferred method?
Can you recommend a good newbies guide to usenets ?
ATB
Dr D
Add pictures here
‚úĖ
says...

There is no need to enable HTML to allow hyperlinks to work - virtually all newsreader software will identify a hyperlink from plain text. If it doesn't the user of archaic software can copy and paste the link into a browser.
Jim
Add pictures here
‚úĖ
Message i.d.:< inspired me,