1967 Vauxhall Viva HB SL90 2 door saloon

FOR SALE: 1967 Vauxhall Viva HB SL90 2 door saloon (blue)

eBAY:

Good Condition, sound bodywork, virtually rust free, kept in garage for all her life. I bought her for =A32000 with just 4500 miles on the clock! She's been a reliable runner and a great hobby car. Now at

29,000 miles, she's got new breaks, new clutch and new exhaust. All electrics work. She's had hardend valve seats fitted to convert to lead-free petrol. (Also comes with a box of spares, manuals, paperwork, 5 good original tyres, and original radio.) Some defects; paint on boot lid is slightly cracked, theres a well repaired dent to inside back wing, scratch on windscreen, and some other minor paint scratches.

The car runs well but will need to be trailered away as i've let the MOT and Tax lapse. Being from 1967 the car benefits from free road tax, and insurance is dead cheap (=A3120 fully comp)

You are more than welcome to view & drive her. I'm in central Leeds and available most week day evenings (not weekends). ALL test drives & tyre kicking must be done before bidding. If you choose to bid without viewing then you do so at your own risk.

Obviously collection only. Payment must be received within 5 days of the auction ending. Buyer must pay cash. This item is sold as seen.

Reply to
Phil

[...]

Phil ( snipped-for-privacy@36haroldstreet.freeserve.co.uk) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

You might stand a better chance if you could be bothered to put some photos in the auction.

Reply to
Adrian

i second that

Reply to
aussie bongo

sorry i'm new to ebay, i've added a photo now. Thanks

Reply to
Phil

Are you sure you couldn't stand a bit further back? You can almost tell what it is in that photo.

On a more serous note, why don't you MOT it? It'd make a huge difference to how much you'll get. Have to say I have a soft spot for HBs and the SL90 is the best sensible version (the Brabhams look silly and the GTs are another thing altogether). That's the nicest colour too...

No, I have too many cars already!

Reply to
Willy Eckerslyke

Phil ( snipped-for-privacy@36haroldstreet.freeserve.co.uk) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

Is that a holiday photo from 1968? It looks like it.

Reply to
Adrian

Don't know, but Harold Street (his e-mail address) is on my way to work and I've seen the car before. But it was a while ago.

David

Reply to
David Lane

It also means that the buyer could drive it away rather than trailer it. The cost of trailering would be reflected in the bids.

I passed my driving test in an SL90, so I've got a soft spot for them too.

And me!

Jim

Reply to
Jim Warren

could do with some more closeup pickies... its like going to see a car for sale and standing at the end of the road to see it :0)

Reply to
aussie bongo

I've popped a few more pictures at

Reply to
Phil

after seeing the pictures i would seriously put it in for the mot.. you will get alot more for it as it looks in very good condition . but its your car and your loss :0(

but there again i may bid on it ....ummmm.... how would i get it home ..........

Reply to
aussie bongo

Phil ( snipped-for-privacy@36haroldstreet.freeserve.co.uk) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

Right. That's it. You just can't take a hint.

Abuse report sent to eBay.

Adrian

adrian you can be a ass sometimes. this is a group about classic cars and it is a clasic car that the chap has. on top of that others are interested in what he/she has to say and are interested in helping him/her out.. just because you have no real friends in life maybe you should stop causing people hassal with you reporting every one, every time you find some excuse to report them??

how many people have you reported for (minor, stuppid, not worth reporting for) items in the last 4 months ?????? you have lost count have you not??

Reply to
aussie bongo

aussie bongo ( snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.co.uk) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

Fine.

Let's just let all 10,000+ classic cars on fleaBay *currently* - that's listed in the last ten days alone - post here about it.

After all, somebody might be interested in them.

Reply to
Adrian

There's a fine line between what is or isn't appropriate. Phil's first ad fell foul due to it's duplication if nothing else, but the second update is, IMO, an entirely valid response to the interest shown by some of us. I'm still not going to buy the thing, but I'm happy enough to have seen the extra photos.

Reply to
Willy Eckerslyke

How pathetic..! Everyone here is here to discuss Classic Cars, whether that be the day to day running or finding a new vehicle for our hobby. Get a life man.

Reply to
Dez

yes but this chap has been coming back and using the group, where 99.9% just spam the groups and never come back thus not being a user of the group.

maybe we should all just report everyone who mentions that they are sell or thinking of selling a classic ??

i am glad he comes back,, with the condition of his/hers car ... he/she is obviously a person who realy likes classics and not just getting cheap junk just to sell on,,

Reply to
aussie bongo

and one more thing where was the hint i missed that

Reply to
aussie bongo