Vauxhall Corsa door lock

The door lock on my 98 corsa has been playing up recently(takes numerous tries to turn the key). I have taken the lock out of the door and stripped down the whole barrel assembly. Rather than buying the whole lock I was hoping to just replace the worn bit(s). I am guessing that the "numbered metal plates" that shift according to the key shape are probably worn. Is this likely to be the case and can you just buy these bits on their own?

Any advice would be great.

Thanks

Reply to
Kirky

Are you sure it is not just the deadlock ring?

This is normally the problem when the key just rotates in the lock or will not deadlock.

Alan

Reply to
Alan

The problem is that the key just wont budge but after numerous tries it turns and unlocks the car. After closer inspection I noticed that some of the microscopic spings that line up the numbered plates have snapped in two. I aint had chance to put it back together with new springs yet but will be doing tomorrow.

Rob

Reply to
Kirky

Just put the lock back together with new springs/plates that the scrapyard gave me and it's all sorted. Was pretty tricky but saved me £50!!

Reply to
Kirky