CLJ498, 1936 Riley 9

Anyone know the whereabouts of this Riley 9? It belonged to my godfather many years ago (1950's) and hasn't been seen since then.

However, according to the DVLA the tax expired on January 9th 1997... so it must still be about!!

I would love to hear from anyone if they know anything about it. Is there a Riley 9 club or anything about?

-- Howard Rose

1966 VW Beetle 1300 Deluxe 1962 Austin Mini Deluxe 1964 Austin Mini Super Deluxe
(cars on website)
Reply to
Howard Rose

Just heard from a guy in the Riley club who tells me that this car is noted in the register as a tourer bodied Special! I guess it was converted sometime in the past, since it was a large saloon back in the '50s.

-- Howard Rose

1966 VW Beetle 1300 Deluxe 1962 Austin Mini Deluxe 1964 Austin Mini Super Deluxe
(cars on website)
Reply to
Howard Rose

Mystery solved. The car is now in Germany and has been rebodied as a Brooklands racing car.

Certainly a little different to how it was remembered back in the '60s!