Dimensions of a MKII Jaguar?

Can anyone tell me the physical dimensions of a 1963 MKII Jaguar 3.8 MOD? My father is wondering if the one he's seen for sale will fit in his garage...

A schematic diagram from a brochure or similar would be perfect.

And what would be a good price for an absolute mint and completely unrestored example?

Thanks in advance!

-- Howard Rose

1966 VW Beetle 1300 Deluxe 1962 Austin Mini Deluxe 1964 Austin Mini Super Deluxe
(cars and email on website)
Reply to
Howard Rose

Howard Rose realised it was Tue, 01 Mar

2005 19:25:28 +0000 and decided it was time to write:

Whatever a buyer thinks it's worth and wants to pay for it. Really.

Reply to
Yippee

Howard Rose ( snipped-for-privacy@lycos.co.uk) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

Do they exist? I thought Mk IIs rotted like mad?

Reply to
Adrian

google still works, have a look here:

are a small car by present standards, a mondeo is much bigger I would guess.

a "really" good one would be worth 20,000 I reckon, but ymmv

mrcheerful

Reply to
mrcheerful

Hmmm... NICE problem...

Reply to
Ian Dalziel

This one exists :-)

-- Howard Rose

1966 VW Beetle 1300 Deluxe 1962 Austin Mini Deluxe 1964 Austin Mini Super Deluxe
(cars and email on website)
Reply to
Howard Rose

Well the good news is that the garage is currently undergoing refurbishment... so if any walls need moving now is the time to do it!

-- Howard Rose

1966 VW Beetle 1300 Deluxe 1962 Austin Mini Deluxe 1964 Austin Mini Super Deluxe
(cars and email on website)
Reply to
Howard Rose

I was thinking on the thicker end of £20k... yikes. Anyone want to buy a 1947 MGTC?

So much better than a Mondeo though! Thanks for the link.

(I did check Google earlier, but missed that one)

-- Howard Rose

1966 VW Beetle 1300 Deluxe 1962 Austin Mini Deluxe 1964 Austin Mini Super Deluxe
(cars and email on website)
Reply to
Howard Rose

I know that. But a guide price always helps :-)

-- Howard Rose

1966 VW Beetle 1300 Deluxe 1962 Austin Mini Deluxe 1964 Austin Mini Super Deluxe
(cars and email on website)
Reply to
Howard Rose

Are you sure its what it purports to be? You don't appear to be a Jag expert, nor presumably is your dad....

Reply to
DougP

Don't forget that to get out of the car, you have to allow for the size of the door and the driver's waistline!

Jim

Reply to
Jim Warren

The message from "mrcheerful ." contains these words:

A Mondeo is 2" wider (according to Parkers). The Estate is 1" longer but the Saloon 5" shorter.

Reply to
Roger

Roger ( snipped-for-privacy@nospam.zetnet.co.uk) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

Is that the current (vast) Mondeo?

Reply to
Adrian

Sorry, don't have exact dimensions to hand, but it's quite small by modern standards. Try the JEC or JDC websites.

The 3.8 MOD is the most desirable (although the 3.4 was almost as quick and had a sweeter engine). Does it have the Moss gearbox or all-synchro? 1963 implies the former.

Value - silly prices are still being asked, but not achieved. I would say about £15k depending on proven history.

BUT - I seriously doubt if there is such a thing as a "mint and completely unrestored example". There is a 2.4 one owner Mk 2 quite well known in Jaguar circles which is pretty well perfect, but even that had a respray about ten years ago. Suggest Dad should be very, very careful.

Geoff MacK

Reply to
Geoff Mackenzie

'Scuse my higgorance, but I assumed MOD meant Manual with Overdrive. Am I wrong?

Reply to
Willy Eckerslyke

In news:Xns960D5A2DDDDEEadrianachapmanfreeis@130.133.1.4, Adrian decided to enlighten our sheltered souls with a rant as follows

Doesn't add up, if you ask me (which you didn't)

The current, vast, Mondeo is bigger than a Mk2 Granada, which is still a pretty big car.

I'm pretty certain a Mk2 Jag is a lot smaller.

Reply to
Pete M

The message from Adrian contains these words:

I didn't know that the Mondeo was suffering from middle aged spread.

The figures I used for the Mondeo were taken from the August 99 edition of Parkers Guide and FWIW both the Mondeo (1993) and the new Mondeo (1996) a credited with the same dimensions - 14' 8" x 5' 9" for the saloon.

The Jaguar figures came from the August 75 edition - 15' 1" x 5' 7".

Reply to
Roger

Roger ( snipped-for-privacy@nospam.zetnet.co.uk) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

Umm, in case you hadn't noticed, there was a new Mundaneo released in 2000. It's HYOOOGE.

Erm, this is 2005... Your Parkers is nearly six years old... Have you discovered the Interweb yet?

Not the current one, then. 5'11.5" wide x 15'6" for the saloon... (15'9" for the estate)

Reply to
Adrian

No - spot on.

Geoff MacK

Reply to
Geoff Mackenzie

Don't forget that the mondeo dimensions will include door mirrors - so bodily the jag may be wider!

Mike Phipps