Ford 2006 Radio/tape

Hi All,

I have been given a Ford radio out of a N reg escourt, I plan to fit it to my Autin A60 My car is - arth so should be no prob. However when it was taken out of the car the wires were cut and the plugs left in the radio i now have wires comeing off the plug that i am not 100% sure what to with (i am sure soemone will tell me what to do with them!) There are two banks of wires on the right hand cornor rear of the unit i wonder if anyone can tell me for sure whats what the colours means what gos were?

left bank of wires: right bank of wires: red yello/purple brown purple/white yellow green/yellow green/grey white/green brown/white yellow /brown brown brown/white empty (no wire) red/yellow red/white

if anyone can tell me whats what i would be very greatful i have a ruff idea but just want to make sure before i set fire to the car. Many Thanks.

George

Reply to
George Weatherley

the right lot are the speakers, so the colour pairs to each speaker.

red is permanent power, yellow is switched power from ign. brown is earth, this will get it working ok

the others will be for power aerial (brown/white ?), dimmer from the panel lights (green/grey ?)

mrcheerful

Reply to
mrcheerful

A quick bit of Googling came up with this:

so it's American but it's a start... ;-) Simon H

Reply to
Simon H

Many thanks gents. I have had it running on my bench most of the afternoon it works very well. Next thing is to put it in the car but im holding fire as am thinking about where i will mount it.

Thanks again. George

Reply to
George Weatherley

I thought my a60 had a hole in the dash with a blanking plate?

Reply to
mrcheerful

">>

Hi, yes that right it does have a hole. I was wondering about hideing the radio somewhere as the cars outside in the street all night. I have a cheapie radio in teher at he min and have never had it broken into may be i will take a chance as that radio is not taht high tech.

Many thanks once again i am well happy with this.

All the best. George

Reply to
George Weatherley

Hi,

yes, there was a balnking plate when new, my car had a old radio anyway i was worried about the new radio getting nicked as the cars sleeps outside so i was going to hide it but i have put it in the correct place and have cliped the blanking plate over it when not in use so it looks like theres no radio as my speakers are hidden as well.

It sounds very nice i am very pleased with it ;) Thanks for the info. George

Reply to
George Weatherley