Ford Zodiac Mk IV Limousine Wanted

I'm looking for a MK4 Zodiac Limousine to add to my collection of classic cars. Runner or non runner. Must be complete and be able to return to the road with a sensible amount of work. Can collect anywhere in UK.

If anyone knows of one for sale, trade or private, please let me know

Cheers

Reply to
Classic Car Man

LOL you will be VERY lucky to find one that hasn't rotted, has a good block or a gearbox that actually works. The Mk Iv's have to be the biggest heap of shit ever to infest UK roads.

Oh yeah and the anti roll bars used to rot away from the car collapsing the front of it. Outright dangerous!

Terrible bloody things they were.

Reply to
Blue Meany 1

"Blue Meany 1" wrote

Although in fairness Ford had by then stopped fitting windscreen wipers that slowed down when you overtook anything.

Reply to
Knight Of The Road

Are you claiming that you had a Mk IV with WORKING wipers?

Reply to
Blue Meany 1

Mine worked OK. I had a very nice MKIV Zodiac in the early seventies, it was the executive version with leather and of course two seats in the front instead a bench, it was an insurance write off after a very minor carb. fire, I got it for about 50 quid and sold it at a profit when I realised what the fuel consumption was like.

Mrcheerful

Reply to
MrCheerful

They seem to have survived quite well in New Zealand

?action=view&current=zod2.jpg

Reply to
Dr Zoidberg

--

Not a Ford expert, but that doesn't look much like a Mk IV to me....

GeoffMacK

Reply to
Geoff Mackenzie

> --

That particular one wasn't , but there was a field full of about 100+ Zephyrs and Zodiacs all of them in first class condition. Alas I don't have any other close up photos on my lappy

Reply to
Dr Zoidberg

It's a MkII. Now there was a very nice car. There are still plenty about today.

Reply to
Blue Meany 1

This is the dreaded heap of crap the Mk4

Blue Meany 1

Reminds me of a Zodiac limousine a sprayer mate of mine had in for a complete respray in the late 60's or early 70's. It was a Hooper Coach Works conversion. Inside it had been completely gutted and refitted with custom RR like leather seats, and door panels. Polished walnet dash and door cappings. Thick pile carpeting everywhere inc the boot.. All electric windows, inc the privacy panel. Had a discrete 'HOOPER' on all the stainless steel or chrome door kick plates. And heavily sound proofed. Very quiet inside at normal road speeds. Finished in all black and chrome, with a fine gold coachline. Must have cost a fortune when it was new. Mike.

Reply to
Mike G

"Blue Meany 1" wrote

My mate had one which he painted in underseal. I don't mean he undersealed it, I mean he covered every inch of bodywork in underseal. You couldn't see it at night.

Reply to
Knight Of The Road

The message from "Knight Of The Road" contains these words:

I remember an accquantance attempting to tow-start one from Harrow most of the way to Wembley.

Reply to
Guy King

And the front of the MK4 never came off as it was being towed? Now there's a suprise!

Reply to
Da Geezer

Classic Car Man ( snipped-for-privacy@do-not-spam.freeserve.co.uk) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

By "Limo", you mean as in stretched Funeral car?

Reply to
Adrian

It sounds as though it might have been a special for a funeral director. All the carpeting and soundproofing would have given a quiet ride, and the privacy panel would have separated the funeral staff from the mourners.

Jim

Reply to
Jim Warren

Possibly, but ISTR it was a chauffeur driven car owned by a 'landed gentry' type who had had it from new. Possibly he couldn't afford a RR or wanted something a bit different.

AFAIC there was very little wrong with the body and paintwork when it came in for spraying. A few light scratches and a minor dent or two, and maybe the paintwork wasn't quite as bright as it might have been, but it was still a very smart looking car.

As far as the privacy panel is concerned, I thought it was one of the original definitions of a limousine. It didn't have any jump seats, but come to think of it, it did have a lot of rear legroom with footrests, so maybe it had been stretched slightly. Mike.

Reply to
Mike G

I've got a sale one, if you really interested please write me on snipped-for-privacy@citromail.hu

thanks