Help! How to sell my Rover P6?

Series 3 Daimler, 4.2, dead gearbox, rusty crossmember and rear arches.

Reply to
Sean

"Sean" realised it was Tue, 1 Feb 2005 19:30:39

-0000 and decided it was time to write:

Hmmm.... tempting.

Reply to
Yippee

Sean was seen penning the following ode to ... whatever:

Yep, still do. It's had some work done over the last year and is turning into a really nice car now. And yes, it may be for sale for the right amount of money, simply because I have too many vehicles and an unexpected change in personal circumstances means that I probably should sell a toy or three.

Reply to
Timo Geusch

I plan to hold on to it for a while longer because it really doesn't need all that much. Usual story - no time and other things keep cropping up. I'm about the third owner and it's got a fully stamped service book and goes like a train.... when it's got a working 'box.

Reply to
Sean

Sean ( snipped-for-privacy@home.com) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

Eeek. And there was me, contemplating an s3 XJ... That lot's "not all that much"?

Reply to
Adrian

Well, I've found out that these cars really can rust. On a bad one you could add in rusty screen surrounds, inner and outer sills, flaky front wings, rear valence... And if it has dodgy rear brake discs....

My car, at some point, has had some restoration and it seems to be holding up quite well. Front wings and rear valence are getting a bit iffy again but structurally, crossmember aside, it looks to be quite good.

And if I never get around to fixing it I know I can make a few quid breaking it.

Reply to
Sean

Let's not start that again... I've been really sensible for the last few months.

Reply to
Sean

See? That means that you may be allowed to treat yourself now :-).

Reply to
Timo Geusch