Scrapheap challenge last night

Last night I watched Scrapheap challenge on one of the satellite channels, where the teams had to navigate an obstacle course blindfold (teams using an ambulance and a bus in this case). Dunno if it was a new episode or a repeat.

The course layout was displayed on a silver car bonnet - was it the bonnet of a 70s Vauxhall, either a Viva or FE Victor? Also, where is this scrapyard, because it looked to have some interesting (remains of) cars in it?

I have already briefly googled, BTW, without any luck.

Reply to
Sean

That's quite an old one.

It's ages since I watched that episode, but I remember what I thought was a silver Volvo 240 bonnet being used once or twice.

Tantalising, isn't it! Unfortunately, it's not your average scrapyard. For some series they made one for the show, and for others they used a section of an existing yard, but always with varying degrees of set design beforehand. Some where even filmed in the US with a few British cars dotted around. I'm sad enough to have the book of the programme.

Try

There's also a web forum somewhere.

Reply to
Willy Eckerslyke

S'pose it's obvious really... they started the ambulance first turn of the key (a key???) using a number of old batteries wired together... if I tried that in my local place.

I'm not a regular viewer or anything on d'telly but will watch stuff like this, generally oblivious of when it was actually first aired.

Reply to
Sean

Barley Pickers Proper Job Lorry from Scrappy Races (Scrapheap Challenge Spinoff)

Anthony

Reply to
Anthony

->Last night I watched Scrapheap challenge on one of the satellite

->channels, where the teams had to navigate an obstacle course blindfold

->(teams using an ambulance and a bus in this case). Dunno if it was a new

->episode or a repeat.

Twas a repeat.

->The course layout was displayed on a silver car bonnet - was it the

->bonnet of a 70s Vauxhall, either a Viva or FE Victor?

IIRC a Victor.

->Also, where is this scrapyard, because it looked to have some

->interesting (remains of) cars in it?

It's in Wokingham (Near Reading) it's a filmset in a breakers yard.

Reply to
Geoff

Wow! I loved that truck. Pity I'm skint, or I'd buy it.

Alex

Reply to
Alex

"uk harry from staines !!!!" wrote in message news:ctemb4$t1m$ snipped-for-privacy@titan.btinternet.com...

Before posting binary files to this group it might be a good idea if you read the charter:

Had you familiarised yourself with your ISP's AUP, specifically: 6. Do not post binary attachments, (pictures or files on your computer etc.) into newsgroups not designed for that purpose. , you might have had second thoughts before making your post.

Richard H Huelin

No thanks, but it was awfully jolly of you to offer. I have heard that some people share your interest, but I doubt that you will find anyone here. As you are clearly a somewhat clueless newbie to the internet I suggest that you try Google:

simply type in the appropriate words and you should be well on your way to realising your fantasies.

A: No Q: Does it make sense to top post

Reply to
Richard H Huelin

Eddie... you really should try