lAttention all TRIUMPH owners

Excellent registration number for any Triumph on Ebay with no reserve!!!

gaspode

gaspode ( snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.co.uk) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

It'd look crap on an Acclaim. But so do most things.

Oh, and you may like to take notice of this little minor detail...

Adrian

I got flamed recently for doing the same thing.

I was unaware of Ebay's policy on usenet groups.

I was told that you can legitemally post the Ebay links in 'free.uk.adverts.cars' newsgroup

However this ng does not get much traffic

FrankG

Reply to
FrankG

In news:coek5o$d8d$ snipped-for-privacy@hercules.btinternet.com, FrankG decided to enlighten our sheltered souls with a rant as follows

That's why we tell people to post there. No-one ever looks, mind..

I think the rule works like this, if you're advertising something in a NG that someone in their might possibly want, then it's ok, but google first. If they're a right bunch of miserable flaming bastards, then you probably won't have much luck.

If, however, what you're selling might well be handy to the NG, and can't be bought more cheaply from the local motorfactors, then you'll probably get some positive response.

So, Triumph related private plate = Yes. Wheelnuts for a Honda Civic = No.

Reply to
Pete M

: Oh, and you may like to take notice of this little minor detail... : :

That says "eBay users may not post on Usenet groups (Internet newsgroups) to advertise eBay or an eBay listing that is inappropriate or violates the Usenet board policy."

The charter for this newsgroups says, under "Advertsing"

" Lengthy and or off- topic posts will not be welcome. Short (i.e. 10 lines max.) announcements of relevant products, services and events, inviting e-mail inquires or suggesting URLs for further information, will be allowed."

So I can't see that there is any problem, either with eBay or the charter for this group, with a short announcement of a relevant auction, inclusing URL.

Ian

Reply to
Ian Johnston

"gaspode" realised it was Mon,

29 Nov 2004 00:15:50 -0000 and decided it was time to write:

And with more than four days to go, six sad wankers have already pushed the price 800 quid beyond its value.

Are all of them really so empty-headed that they can't think of anything more useful to spend their money on?

Reply to
Yippee

Oh, come on. You just wish it was *you* who was selling it, don't you?

Don't get you knickers all bunched up just because someone makes a few quid. It makes you look very sad.

Reply to
Dan Drake

Dan Drake realised it was Wed, 01 Dec 2004

19:54:50 -0500 and decided it was time to write:

TBH, I wouldn't mind.

I wasn't talking about somebody making a few quid. More power to those who can.

I'm just amazed at the sumber of suckers so eager to get a certain sequence of letters and numbers on their car. What's the point? Do they really believe that their neighbours are as shallow as they are and hence will be impressed by a number plate?

Reply to
Yippee

In news: snipped-for-privacy@newsfeed03.glasvezel.net, Yippee decided to enlighten our sheltered souls with a rant as follows

My Mercedes is lumbered with a Northern Irish reg plate. Not something I'd have chosen, but it was on the car when I bought it and I'm not spending £80

  • 2 new reg plates to remove it.

The really irritating thing is a few of the neighbours actually thought it was a "private" plate when I first brought the car home. I informed them it was in fact a cheap £99 piece of vanity tat fitted by the previous owner, and that most of the vehicles on the road had their own unique registrations anyway.

Reply to
Pete M

You mean, apart from those in the Congestion Charge zone?

Reply to
Ian Dalziel

In news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com, Ian Dalziel decided to enlighten our sheltered souls with a rant as follows

Hence "most"....