Loack nuts on the flywheel on A series?

Hi All

I'm putting my A series engine back together after a complete re-build of my Frogeye. I can't remember what sort of lock nut it had on the flywheel bolts. My Haynes manual shows some of the two holed arc of metal types, but I can't find any in my box of bits -any ideas?

Regards

Stephen

Reply to
Stephen

It has been a long time since I have been there, but I would have thought bolts and a large tabwasher was a more likely arrangement.

Ron Robinson

Reply to
R. N. Robinson

Haynes is correct. You'd normally use new ones which should be easily available.

Reply to
Dave Plowman

Yes tab washers as I seem to remember (likewise long time since I saw a an sries Flywheel).

Andy

Reply to
AWM

There are 2 tab washers, part no 2K7816. Get yourself a Moss Europe catalogue which has excellent exploded views and original part numbers. If you don't use the tabs, you could end up with your own exploded view......

Reply to
Les Rose

Thanks guy's - the open road looks a step closer.

Stephen

Reply to
Stephen