LPG warning - is this true?

When a troll like this comes along, can people please ignore them. If you respond to them it means those that have killfiled them still get all the crap quoted in the replies :-(

Reply to
:::Jerry::::

Although I understand the reasoning behind your contribution and agree with the sentiment. Is it not an unfortunate fact that sometimes it is necessary to reply, if only to ensure that their views do not hold sway? For example, new users or those a little less robust shall we say; may be reluctant to contribute unless they see there are those who may appreciate those contributions. Not to put an opposing view point to those who would disrupt is perhaps to give them credence where none is due. Just a thought, after all this is but a discussion group, not rocket science. Commonsense will prevail without the need of user group policing :-) Regards Gee

Reply to
T.Gee

Both of you need to gat a clue, or even half of one, then you might just start to understand the (simple) facts about how Usenet works and why there is more than on group to post to !

LPG questions in the LPG group, classic car questions in this group, modification (customising) questions in the modification group - why are people like you two so bloody thick that you can't understand something as simple as that ?!

You two make short thick planks look like Einstein...

Reply to
:::Jerry::::

Are there many Stag owners on this newsgroup? I've been the (usually :-) proud owner of a late '73 MKII Stag (Carmine, Auto, original engine) for something like 15 years now and I still love it to bits.

The "main" car has much more performance than the Stag, but the Stag is still much more of an experience to drive. Even after all these years it still feel special glugging / roaring around in her.

Cheers,

Mark (Canterbury, Kent)

Reply to
Mark Wheadon

Jerry, thank you for your contribution, your view pint is noted. Regards Gee

Reply to
T.Gee

In article , T.Gee writes

Sorry, wasn't trying to be the police ;-)

I probably spend too much time in techy newsgroups, where trolls get ignored, so get bored and go away. Their views never hold sway, because they are obviously trolls.

It works that way because every now and then someone pops up and says 'please don't feed the trolls'. That is all I meant to say

Cheers

Reply to
Ben Mack

My apologies, I didn't mean to sound as though I were critising you..... indeed the opposite. Regards Gee

Reply to
T.Gee

You would get some benefit from this too:

Andy Luckman (AJL Electronics)

: LPG questions in the LPG group, classic car questions in this group,

And questions about LPG in a classic?

Ian

Reply to
Ian Johnston

Then it won't be a classic, it will either be an LPG fuelled car and question should thus be posted to the LPG group or it will be a modified car and questions should be asked in the modification group - simple really, except for those of simple minds...

Reply to
:::Jerry::::

: > : LPG questions in the LPG group, classic car questions in this group, : >

: > And questions about LPG in a classic?

: Then it won't be a classic, it will either be an LPG fuelled car and : question should thus be posted to the LPG group or it will be a modified car : and questions should be asked in the modification group - simple really, : except for those of simple minds...

Don't talk soft. My DS is none the less a classic because it runs on LPG. Or perhaps you'd like all discussion of classics converted to unleaded moved to uk.rec.cars.modified?

Or perhaps, and I'm afraid this seems more likely, you're just trolling for a fight, as so many times and in so many newsgroups before.

Ian

Reply to
Ian Johnston

So it is an LPG fuelled car and thus questions about LPG issues are best discussed in the LPG group were there will be FAR more knowable people then in this group. If, how ever, you are asking about the cars brakes or what ever then you are best asking those question here - unless you have fitted BX brakes of course !

Or perhaps you'd like all discussion of classics converted to

Well you have modified the car from how it was designed and built so if the cap fits.... Some people prefer to keep their classics in the plain vanilla flavour they came from the factory and not some 'E' numbered artificial flavour because it make life easy...

Perhaps you just don't understand what a classic car is and why people run classic cars - or should do and don't just run them because it save them the road fund licence each year together with cheap insurance in many cases.

Reply to
:::Jerry::::

: Perhaps you just don't understand what a classic car is and why people run : classic cars

Oh, silly me. I must learn better. But must rush now, off to play with the DS, the 2CV, the Heralds and the Rebels. Every one of which is running on unleaded. Tough.

Ian

Reply to
Ian Johnston

A long list of old cars does not mean you understand what a classic is, it's just a list of old cars.

Just because a car is old it does not automatically means it's a classic. Just because a car is new it does not automatically means it's not a classic.

Reply to
:::Jerry::::

: Just because a car is old it does not automatically means it's a classic. : Just because a car is new it does not automatically means it's not a : classic.

Whatever.

Ian

Reply to
Ian Johnston

As I thought, you don't understand what a classic is... It's not really your fault though, I blame that rag from Peterbro', it would be better for them to use one of their other acquired titles - Old Motor - then they would be describing more or less what the rag is about these days. They seem to think any car old enough for the MOT test is a classic now...

Classic Cars should also return to the previous title IMO - Thoroughbred & Classic Cars.

Reply to
:::Jerry::::

: > : Just because a car is old it does not automatically means it's a : classic. : > : Just because a car is new it does not automatically means it's not a : > : classic. : >

: > Whatever.

: As I thought, you don't understand what a classic is...

Yeah, yeah. Right. Sure. Now back under your bridge. Isn't it time you disappeared from this newsgroup and went to be silly somewhere else?

*Plonk*

Ian

Reply to
Ian Johnston

message

I rarely get involved in this sort of scrap, because I don't need the abuse and I prefer a friendly atmosphere. But in this case, someone has made a modification to a classic car which could be of interest to those of us who also run classics on a daily basis. So OK post to an LPG newsgroup, but I'm happy with it being copied to this one and look forward to reading the replies.

If someone posts "Hey! My Royce Goshawk runs much better with the Cholmondeley-Flitwick carburettor conversion!" I'd like to hear about it, not keep a constant lookout on the Cholmondeley-Flitwick newsgroup (not that there is one - er, is there?).

My own car, a 1966 model which I have owned for 30 years, is pretty much as built. But I've fitted halogen bulbs, better brakes and a Kenlowe fan. These mods make it far more suitable for daily use. Are you seriously suggesting that I should only post and read in uk.rec.cars.modified?

If you take this strictly purist view, that cars should remain exactly as built with no modifications whatsoever then I think the Goodwood Revival would come to a halt through a total lack of eligible entrants.

Just curious - and not being contentious - what classic do you have? And is it completely as built originally?

No abuse, please!

Geoff MacK

Reply to
Geoff Mackenzie

Welcome to the strange world that is Jerry's. Whilst I agree with Dave Plowman that Jerry does know his stuff, he is also unfortunately bereft of thought processes outside very narrow limitations. I tried having this discussion with him a while ago on this group, and got the usual claptrap about never modifying any aspect of a classic car, it was good enough then so why not now, etc.

Seems to me the main problem with things being good enough then is that now we have different fuel, different oils, and cars that can stop far better to risk running into, all meaning that it's quite often a very good idea to change certain areas of older cars to prevent them chewing their internals up or slamming into the back of someone who's just done an emergency stop. Unless of course you want to keep your classic in dry storage, and only ever take it out on the back of a trailer to shows.

And have you ever looked at u.r.c.mod? There's so little about mods mentioned in there it's silly! :)

BTW, you using that E type as a daily runner? Wish I could afford one (or even a steering wheel for one!), but congrats on keeping it in proper usage :)

Reply to
Stuffed

I had a '72 Stag for a while, but sadly it had to depart earlier this year due to "the need to spend more £££ on a proper car". It didn't put a foot wrong in three years of year-round commuting.

Now, if only I could say the same for the Eurobox replacement... :)

Reply to
Russell Tweed