number plates for classic cars

Does anyone know of an online supplier? There is a thread showing in google in this group from about 2 months back but the thread won't load.

Looking for the pre-1973 type.

Reply to
The Blue Max

That was that Irish chap, IIRC. He may still be lurking and ready to reply, but from what I saw, even his silver and black plates appeared to have modern narrow, letters.

Try

Willy Eckerslyke

Yes, that's a problem - they look Continental.

...which leads me to

I'd bookmarked before but was reluctant to use since I couldn'tremember who they were! Much obliged.

Reply to
The Blue Max

I've just bought a pair for one of the Midgets from these people - creamy-white plastic letters on satin black aluminium plates. £20.95 inc delivery, and I'm very satisfied with them.

-- Kevin Poole

********Use current month and year to reply (e.g. snipped-for-privacy@mainbeam.co.uk)************** SA 1838, TC 8512, GAN3/48519, GAN4/63840, GHD5/324616 Tiltbed car transporter trailer hire - £25/ day. Near Derby. May even tow it for you.
Reply to
Autolycus

I found this site a while back

may still be trading. Simon H

Reply to
Simon H

which I'd bookmarked before but was reluctant to use since I couldn't> remember who they were! Looks good, but are they able to supply without 'original' driving licence, V5 etc now required in high street outlets, and also required by law for the numberplate seller to supply you with a plate.

Pezzack

Reply to
Pezzack

Is this what you are looking for.

Mike Lewis

Best I've found are

Howard Rose

Hi All Looking for Ford Zepher MK 11 for film in manchester area. Running not running Only need shot of boot opening. Regards Tony

Reply to
anthony.ainsworth1

You'll clean the blood out afterwards, though?

Reply to
Dave Plowman